First practice of environment production. Based on lessons learned via Unreal Engine Academy. "Related images" board for demonstration purposes only.
I got a little hung up moving forward. I thought too much about the Mood Board distillation, and felt like I needed to add more to the Related Images. There was a side benefit, though: I decided that the environment would be an unused medical cleanroom that got converted to a security station.
I decided to go straight to 3DS Max. The "best practice" is to do a hand-drawn image, but since I'm working alone I figured I might as well skip a few steps. Plus I don't have any sharpened pencils at hand. As a bonus, I learned that 3DS Max has a viewport snapshot function. Furthermore, since I envision the final render of the scene in an orthographic camera view, the use of 3DS Max as a visualization tool can't be understated.
|File Name||Placement||Folder||Material Name||Texture Name|